Special Plan for
The Casona de la Hacienda Cañasgordas, located in the south of the city of Santiago de Cali, was declared a National Monument by the Ministry of Education by decree 191 of January 31, 1980. It has a current Management and Protection Plan PEMP, issued in 2014 and modified in 2020.
According to Decree 2358 of December 26, 2019, the PEMP Protection and Management Plan is: “… an instrument for the management of assets of cultural interest through which the necessary actions are established to guarantee the protection, conservation and sustainability of the BICs or the goods that claim to be declared as such. In the opinion of the competent authority, such a plan is required; the PEMP must establish the relationships that it has with cultural heritage, tangible and intangible nature and environmental conditions … “
- It defines the conditions for the articulation of the goods with their physical, architectural, urban or rural context, the pre-existing plans and their socio-cultural environment.
- It specifies the actions in different scales of protection of a preventive and / or corrective nature that are necessary for the conservation of the goods.
- Establishes the physical conditions, maintenance, conservation and rehabilitation of the assets.
- Establishes mechanisms or determinants that allow the recovery and sustainability of assets.
- It generates the conditions and strategies for the better knowledge and appropriation of the goods by the community.
- It harmonizes and guarantees the regulation of land use, occupation and exploitation for the protection of the BIC and integration with the local environment.
This complex, being a National Monument, has the highest degree of protection and all intervention projects and architectural works must be approved by the Council of National Monuments.
The Area of Influence is considered an integral part of the Architectural Complex of the Casa de Hacienda. This area is also considered as a Natural Reserve and Environmental-Landscape Heritage and therefore the existing vegetation must be protected, prohibiting the mutilation or felling of trees without approval not only from the Regional Autonomous Corporation or the DAGMA by delegation and the Municipal Cultural Heritage Council .
The natural and intervened landscape of the Area of Influence of the Casa de Hacienda de Cañasgordas is considered a Historic Garden and since it is part of the spatial order of the complex, the criteria of the Florence Charter, UNESCO Document for the management of this type of cultural asset.
In the Area of Influence of the Casa de Hacienda de Cañasgordas it is forbidden to build new constructions unless approved by the Council of National Monuments and ICANH, as well as the location of billboards and in general any type of notice that affects harmony with the natural environment , electrical transmission towers, telecommunication towers, and in general any element foreign to the scenic nature of the rural environment.